The Music ministry team of LFCC is committed to the vision of building up the fellowship of LFCC through the God-given instrument of music as portrayed in the Bible by teaching the congregation about worship and worshiping by example.
Music ministry is the sharing of God's glory and goodness as evidenced through the art of music (Psalm 33:1-3). Considering that the Westminster Confession of Faith considers the chief end of man to be to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, music is one way by which to do this. Revelations speaks of the heavenly host singing and worshiping God (Rev. 5:8-14). Music is both meditative ("singing in your heart"- Col. 3:16) and expressive/communicative ("speak to one another" Eph. 5:19-20) as evidence of being filled with the Spirit. Moreover, we are called to "play skillfully" (Psalm 33:3) and thus we honor God by being technically precise. In summary, music is a special creation of God for the use of God's creatures to use in worship of Him.
- Practicing and learning new and inspired psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs and sharing them with the congregation during Sunday Worship and special gatherings (thereby encouraging them to participate in worship).
- Exhorting and encouraging the congregation through music to promote healing, zeal for God's will, evangelism, and praise for God.
- Meeting together to explore and discuss the dynamics and significance of God's Worship.
- Engaging the congregation on a personal level while sharing music to encourage and impact one another's daily spiritual lives.
- Being available to assist another ministry in any technical manner when the need arises.
If you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact Tim Cho at timscho @ gmail.com.